Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to daycare I go...

Yes, I am "that" mom. This is her lunch box. 




I know it has been a while since my last post, but that is what happens when you become a working mom. Since I last wrote, I have gone back to work to a completely different job/position, Lily has gone to day care, and she has hit a few more milestones. I haven't been as diligent at taking pictures as I once was but by the time I get home and get settled, both Lily and I are extremely tired from our days. Oh to be in daycare again though!

First of all, I absolutely LOVE Lily's daycare. The staff is great, the facilities are clean, and it is just over all a wonderful place. Mark drops her off in the mornings since I have to be at work by 7:00 (one adjustment has been my hours). But then that means I get to pick her up! I love walking in and seeing her in the exersaucer or being held by one of her teachers. They totally adore her and she is the most popular baby in the whole school. I love that she is so happy and doesn't fear going... actually, I had a ping of jealousy last week when she held on to her teacher instead of reaching for me like she has been. At first my feelings were hurt a little (even though she came to me immediately afterward), but then I realized that it means she trusts and likes them. That is what every mother should want for her baby. My mom tells a story about me getting into trouble (it only happened once, ha ha) and I told her that I wanted "my Joan" who was my babysitter at the time. It was a little bittersweet to hear that, but in the end it was a good thing. If a mom has to work, she must know beyond a shadow of a doubt that her child is being well looked after. It kills me that I have to work, but that is life... at least my brain is staying sharp. It is too hard to get a job out there right now so I count my blessings that I have one.

Her ballerina diaper bag
Which brings me to my next story. I started in a new job doing something completely different from what I was doing. How many people get a chance to change careers in their life and not lose everything they have worked hard for? My old company closed (as I told in my last post) and I was offered a job working with Goldman Sachs doing due diligence and all kinds of other stuff for the traders in NY. So far, it isn't difficult, except it gets a little intense during a trade. They have been really understanding with my schedule and my nursing/pumping. Thank goodness there is a "lactation" room, that makes it so easy. I get to take a few breaks during the day and relax in there while pumping for Lily's next day meals. Speaking of which,

Pretty even with a cold
SHE STARTED EATING FOOD! Not just cereal but actual food. So far her favorites are sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, apples, and pears. She loathes peas... but they are the most fun to feed her because it becomes a game to us. Mark is really good about getting it in her mouth but Lily is better about spitting it out. She is also starting to sit up on her own. She likes to sit up on the couch but we really see it when getting her out of her car seat. She almost helps me get her out by sitting up and reaching for me. She isn't rolling over yet but I am biding my time with that. At her last doctor appointment, she was 15 pounds, 10 ounces. (Because she is eating food now too). And she has started teething per the doctor. She is drooling everywhere and got her first ear infection. This was caused by her cold that she caught at daycare... that Mark and I also caught. Oh the joys of being a parent! :)





2 comments:

  1. Oh, and totally forgot to compliment the AWESOME new background and title! :)

    ReplyDelete